Instructions to setup MyPhoneData softwares on Mac OS X
- Simply double click on the downloaded dmg file to open the application installer in a new window
- To install, simply drag the application icon to the Applications folder
- Run the software from Applications (if not running already)
- Copy the Software Id, as it shows up on the software. To avoid manual errors, simply click on the 'Copy Software Id' button.
- Clicking on the 'Copy Software Id' button will copy the Software Id to clipboard.
- Open the registration link as sent by the sales team to your email address
- Paste/ Enter the Software Id on the registration page and click on the 'Generate Serial Key' button
- The system will generate the Serial Key for you. Click on the 'Copy Serial Key' button to copy the Serial Key to clipboard
- Paste/ Enter the Serial Key in the software
- Enter your email address
- Click on the Register button in the software
- Select the backup from the dropdown - it will list all the available backups present on the computer
- Select a folder location on your computer where you wish to recover the data
- Click on the Recover button
- The software will show recovery progress. Depending on the amount of data, it might take a few minutes for the recovery process to complete
- Upon recovery, the software will show a message stating the same. To view the data, click on the 'Open recovered data' button
If you happen to come across the popup shown above when you double click on the application to run it, it means you are running Mac OS X Mountain Lion or later. It is system feature in Mac OS that does not allow apps not downloaded from iTunes (App store) to be ran on your Mac.
The resolution is pretty simple though.
Mac Sierra Users (this 1 additional step)
Open the Terminal app from the /Applications/Utilities/ folder and then enter the following command:-
sudo spctl --master-disable
Hit return and enter your admin password.
Open System Preferences > General. Unlock by clicking the lock icon shown in the bottom left corner of the window and the user will be able to set Allow apps downloaded from 'Anywhere' option.
Run the application again and it should run just fine.
The registration link expires soon after you visit the page and generate the license once.
If you happen to have made a mistake or if the registration fails, the support staff can help you get the registration details for your copy of the software.
Simply email the 'Software Id' as it shows up on your copy of the software to the support team. For details, refer to this image
To avoid errors while manually copying the Software Id, use the 'Copy Software Id' button shown right next to the Software Id field.
They will generate a new license and help activate the full version of software for you.